Monday, February 23, 2009

The I Can't Read Movie Series....wait!




Sure....I am a complete Flickr freek, I can't help myself. But one of the most amazing aspects of the site, is the sharing of creative work beyond ones digital photos of their cat. I mean, I first found myself on Flickr not for photo sharing, but as a researcher - for it's better than any flea market for vintage ads, childrens book art, vintage cereal box covers, and even fabulous vintage book covers designed by dead mid-century graphic artists.......no wait. These are new!


Of course, I'm slightly late on the band wagon, and there is no excuse since I have bookmarked SPACESICK's animation blog for about 2 years now. I found these on his Flickr page while searching for some infuence for a new animated TV show I am designing, when, once I see these, I am smitten and had to download some for my office wall, when I later discovered that they are also featured in Entertainment Weekly. OK. So I am a validated trend hunter, but sometimes others get there first. Still....the graphic designer in me LOVES these fake book covers. Check them out here.

No comments: