Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Idea Painter - Nikki Farquarson


Randomgotbeautiful.com by Nikki Farquarson



In our world of vintage-this and vintage that, I am always impressed with what elevates from the sameness. A recent post on the site THECOOLHUNTER.COM featured the illustrations of Nikki Farquarson, but she is much more than a mere illustrator with and undeniably fresh look - she is what I call a idea painter - visualizing new expressions out of most any material, regardless of any rules or limitations. I especially like her work on the site RANDOMGOTBEAUTIFUL.COM and her type which is hand executed.



Reminiscent of textbook cover doodles, Nikki's illustration demonstrates a rare gift today - a distinctive and authentic style that although influenced from the past, delivers newness. Call it collage, retro doodles or craft, I believe her work is nothing but pure genius because it takes me to an entirely new place, visually.

No comments: